One More Brilliant Aromatic Find

Blood oranges ~ into the al embic they go!

Update ~  the blood oranges are on a very slow distillation -- very low heat, very long time to get the gorgeously sweet orangey hydrosol (and loads of essential oil). It is at about the halfway mark in terms of filling the bottle. I expect a couple more hours to finish up this batch and then perhaps I'll start a new batch. So far, so good, and it feels great to be distilling again ~ it's been over a year since I did any significant distillation of anything. I'd forgotten how wonderful the process is. A bientôt!

Comments

  1. How awesome! Are you distilling the whole fruit, or just the peel?

    Have fun!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whole fruit. Always the whole fruit when it comes to citrus. You get a much more full-bodied gorgeous hydrosol when using the whole fruit. I am thinking of distilling another batch . . .

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts