Oh, Happy Friday!

Well, it's only just begun, but I'm hoping for a Happy Friday. It's been a loooonnng week and I'm ready for a little rest and relaxation, and a fair bit of formulating as well. The kyphi's coming along beautifully. It's been rolled and scored and broken into bits for drying, then once the pieces stop sticking to one another, they'll go into a copper pot for a month or so to 'cure', and then I'll package them up. The more I work with kyphi, the more deeply in love with the process I become. Creating kyphi is a meditative process, it forces you to shut out the static of your life, the screechy pitchy sounds of your consciousness and all the blithering bullsh*t that it buries into your subconscious -- you can't make a good kyphi if you're thinking about how fat your thighs are, or whether or not you're going to get that job promotion -- it demands your full, undivided, spiritual attention. If you give that to the kyphi while you're helping it to be born, it will give it back to you 10-fold when it arrives in all its glorious smoky fragrant beauty. It took me years to finally get up the courage to build my first kyphi. I'd read about it, wrote down different formulations, studied the process, watched YouTube videos, and I still waited months and months before attempting to crush the first resin in a mortar. I'm doing the same with Florida Water now. I have a deep and abiding lust for Florida Water(s) because most that I've smelled are so uplifting and cheery, but also because of the mirrored characteristics it shares with kyphi -- both are or were used as medicine, both are used for scenting purposes, and both are used for spiritual purposes. I have no fewer than four bottles of Florida Water in my house at any given time. I use it for everything -- I put it in wash water when I'm cleaning the floors and cabinets in the kitchen, I sprinkle it on my bed at night before I go to sleep, if it's hot and I need to cool off, I'll splash a bit into the palm of my hand and run it across the back of my neck. The scent is soothing and clear, it wipes away bad mojo and allows me to dream.

Comments

Popular Posts