Cambria

The past week has been a roller coaster ride of highs and lows -- as usual. My very best friend in the world went in for surgery, and thank heavens, came out the other side better than she went in. I knew something was going on before I received the news she was in the hospital -- I had this pit of anxiety in my gut that kept waking me up with her on my mind. The next day she texted to say she was sick. A lot of emotional energy goes into worry. To let off a bit of steam, I went to Cambria, CA, about 30 minutes from home, with one of my older son's who was here for a day trip. I'd forgotten how lovely and pleasant Cambria was. They're in the throes of their annual 'Scarecrow Festival' and every shop and corner in the wee little town had a scarecrow on display. I found a sweet shop there called 'Verde' which is based around tea and fairies, and found bags of honey powder for sale, so, of course, I bought three. Honey soap is on the agenda this cool, cloudy, and damp Sunday. The shop keep offered to mail more honey powder to me if I was ever in need, then asked if I was a local, which I guess I am, so I turned down her offer of sending powder by post -- Cambria's too fun to miss even if I'm only going for a bag of honey powder. And the beaches there are divine. Not your summer fun-in-the-sun California beach, but a windswept, salty sea spray fogging up your glasses, coastal pines bending low to the ground, and tremendously vicious surf and rip tides kind of divine. Very grounding kind of environment.

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:48 PM

    I hope all goes well for your friend's recovery.

    Honey powder sounds intriguing: how has yours been powdered? (I bet it smells divine.)

    This is making me fancy some honey so I'd bet distract myself:-)

    cheerio, Anna in Edinburgh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so as well Anna. She's very special to me.

      I have no clue how honey powder is made -- dehydration? I remember honey powder from my Kama Sutra years (we won't get into that) and I've been looking for the base raw ingredients ever since. And it does smell wonderful.

      :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts