Soaps! Finally . . .

Soaps are finally up at The Scented Djinn Apothecary at Etsy ~ making more today, so I'd best get this post done so I can get into it.

This is Original Kyphi. This soap was made with the leftovers of unfermented Kyphi incense made on September 19, 2015 at the Kyphi workshop I hosted. Nothing else was added -- no essential oils, no absolutes, no scent boosters of any kind -- it's just this -- this wonderfully dark and fragrant Kyphi soap. It's really quite unique.


This is Sunflower, comprised of whole raw aromatics like tuberose floral wax and marigold concrete and vanilla and galbanum resin. It's sweet and rustic, like wind rustling through the late fall harvest of golden wheat. Very nice grounding fragrance.


Herbal Yin is made up of perfumery alchemy at its best -- it started as a plain old spike lavender soap, a little bit medicinal and somewhat boring, but then I threw in some myrtle and then a bit of palmarosa, and just for fun, I chopped in four whole vanilla pods and then added a dash of vanilla to the mix. It's turned into something pretty interesting -- balancing and super fragrant and just lovely.


This is Djinn Rising, also very fragrant; a firey scent with resins and woods, ginger and angelica, and a bit of choya loban providing the char. The 'flames' in this soap are made of turmeric powder, patchouli powder, and dragon's blood resin powder. Enchanting.


And finally -- for the time being -- Honey, a surprisingly intense and beautifully warm scent made up of myrrh resin powder (lots) and honey powder (lots) enhanced with vanilla and jasmine sambac, clary sage and spicy warm mace. It's just stunning. I have a bar in the shower right now and I can't even describe how wonderful it is to use -- super bubbly and soft, and the scent that lingers on the skin is incredible -- warm and floral and sweet.

Well, I'm off to make a few more batches. I've got the usual Poppymint soap on the roster, then after that? I'm not sure. Wherever my fancy takes me, I suppose. I'm toying with the idea of pink lotus, or something else with that honey powder, maybe a cinnamon and honey concoction, or a cocoa and honey mix. Ta ta!

Comments

Popular Posts