There Will Be Worms

There's so much to do around here I hardly know where to start! I got as far as one box in the studio before giving up. Whilst the gentlemen here were cleaning their side of the garage, they piled up all of the textiles they found on my side of the garage. Pillows, blankets, clothes, coats, sweaters, throws, sheets -- you name it, there it sits, apparently waiting for one of the womenfolk to break down and wash. There are only so many hours in a day, and I've got a full -- FULL -- plate to deal with, so that pile is getting pushed back onto their side until I can get my side sorted. The wash can wait. I need to clean my room, but that can't happen until there's studio space to put all the business stuff accumulated over the holidays. Getting organized has always been an enormous pain my arse, and I feel like I do this moving and unboxing thing every two or three years. It's exhausting. I'm looking forward to getting rid of a lot of stuff too. Things I've accumulated and either never used or used once and deemed irrelevant to the cause. I'm also looking forward to creating perfumes again! I haven't sat down for a good formulation session in at least a year. That final perfume was made with some natural isolates and it never quite sat well with me. I'm just not very good with the isolates, I guess. Giving them up hasn't felt like much of a sacrifice, but then again, I haven't made a perfume since then. There are a few ideas on the calendar for future perfumes. I'm going to revisit one of the more popular perfumes I made years ago, Sahar, and attempt to update it. There is also going to be a new amber perfume awaiting birth. Ambers are a particular favorite of mine because I've rarely met an amber I didn't like. And then there's going to be something deep and deliciously attar-like happening. So there are three, at least, that will be introduced this year, and more if the clutter can be controlled. 

Another benefit of sorting through the studio wares is that I will finally locate my seeds! Witching seeds aka medicine, perfumer's seeds, food seeds -- they're all packed away in various envelopes and packets tucked into boxes of resins and gums. I've been prepping the raised beds since October, and there are already hyacinth bulbs laid down and popping up to bloom next month. Most of the tuberose have been planted in their own bed as well. There's a decent mulch pot brewing, and soon, when the threat of frost subsides, there will be worms. I think that would make a great t-shirt logo -- There Will Be Worms. It could mean so many different things. I'm hoping to have a prosperous garden of herbs, food, and flowers galore. 



Well, I'm off. 

Comments

Popular Posts