Meditate

Reminder: If you comment a question or information relevant to the subjects discussed on this blog, either here on the blog or on The Scented Djinn Facebook page, you qualify to win something from The Scented Djinn's shop. I might even do a little custom work if so inclined. So post a relevant comment, don't be a jerk, don't troll, and you're in. PSA over and out!

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I've not been myself here lately. Ever since returning home from the Brazil thing, I've felt kind of disconnected, like I've left something of myself there. It's a confusing feeling. I thought it was a lack of inspiration, but it isn't that at all. I've been writing short notes to myself about all sorts of things related to my work, I just can't seem to get beyond that. I thought it was a matter of missing weeks of meditations, and it could very well be that. I tried to meditate yesterday and failed miserably -- by failed I mean I slipped off to sleep before I got what I went for. There's been a lot happening here, and it all began when I returned home from the trip. People have moved out, other people have moved in, rooms are being shifted and for the first time in seven years, I am in the master suite of my own home. Don't ask. It's amazing what one does to entice people to stay in a situation they clearly don't want to be in. Turns out it only bred complacency and angst. Needless to say, the past few months have been difficult for everyone involved. Now that things are more settled, with time and hope, all of the ruffled feathers with smooth out.

Right, this isn't a diary. Just providing a little background into the meh-ness of the posts lately. I don't know what it will take to break it (meditation) or what will inspire me to write about the inspirations (meditation), but I will work toward a resolution so this blog isn't such a boring mess (meditation).

Off to meditate (in a couple of hours). With any luck, the next post will have a little meat on its bones.


Comments

Popular Posts