Addicted to Kyphi

I was handed a list of questions about how, when, why, where in reference to my unshakable love for creating and burning incense, and particularly about my beginnings in Kyphi incense, and I was thinking on these questions when I ran across a meme of a social media that went something like 'why didn't anyone tell me that anxiety and depression cause memory loss?' So I researched the statement regarding anxiety = memory loss because I'm generally easily distracted by things of this nature, and 'lo and behold, it's actually true.

Where am I going with this? The truth is, I can't remember when my love of Kyphi was sparked, but I can tell you about the turmoil in my life when I was creating various batches of both incense and Kyphi, and even perfumes. I can express the joy of a quiet room and space to stretch out in, and the soft sound of a pestle against the walls of a mortar, and the scent -- ah! -- the scent that arises, sometimes gentle like a baby's sleeping breath, or bold like dragon fire.

I can tell you that when I did become interested in Kyphi, I never in a million lifetimes could predict the impact that it has had in my life. And there I thought I was just making incense -- ha!

Back to the beginning -- how, when, why, where? I'm saving those answers for the questionnaire. When they're published, I'll post the link here.



It feels wonderful to be writing like this again. I've really missed it. It's been dry instructional writing since early 2019 and I am burnt out. I need to be a mess sometimes.




Comments

Popular Posts