Liatris Odoratissimus ~ Deertongue Absolute

Deertongue Absolute, aka Liatris odoratissimus, has been missing from my palette for ages. What I had before about three days ago was a wee shortie bottle with just a bit of the sticky substance hanging onto the insides that were a gift from a decade ago or more. It was never, ever used, the contents of that shortie, just sniffed on occasion with dreams of finding an accessible and reliable source someday. That source has been found. EOApothecare on Etsy carries a nice range of gorgeous absolutes, concretes, and floral waxes, as well as essential oils, in manageable, bite-sized volumes. I've ordered from EOA two or three times in the last couple of months, and I haven't received a single item that wasn't beyond my expectations. When I saw the deertongue listed, I just had to have it. 

EOApothecare's deertongue absolute is sweet, hay-like (think coumarin, but not strong or sharp, like tonka), with a gorgeous overlay of vanilla and a warm, enveloping softness. It feels . . . comforting, like a warm bubble of air on a cold winter's night. Texturally, it is fuzzy, fleecy, pillowy. It feels less sultry than vanilla, leaning more toward a torpid, lazy feeling like you don't have a care in the world. Did I say comforting? 

There are quite a few more items in my organ that have come from EOApothecare, and I will be going through those in the weeks to come to share my thoughts and experiences with them. The rose concrete from there is included in two amber-based solid perfumes that I've been working on these past weeks, Osmanthus Amber, and Rose Amber. 




Comments

Popular Posts