Orange Blossom Tincture & Funkiness

The orange blossom tincture I've been working on these past few weeks has turned out --well-- funky. Good funky, not butt funky.

During the first soak, I added a few new orange leaves to the mix. I do so love the scent of orange leaves, tart and sweet and all that. The next soaking, with fresh orange blossom petals, I left out the leaves because I didn't want them to overwhelm the sticky sweetness of the flowers.

I was going for a third soaking, which turned into only a 2 1/2 because I ran out of blossoms, then the winds hit and all the blossoms on the tree I was harvesting blew away -- so, basically, I've got a 2 1/2 times tinctured orange blossom/orange leaf blend. That smells a bit funky.

Like wet dog. And orange blossoms. Oddly enough, I really, really like it. As this weird concoction dries on a scent strip, more of the blossom and less of the dog evolves until it's sweet and powdery. On the skin this blend evaporates very quickly and only the orange blossom is left, very faint and quiet.

Strange revelations.

Comments

Popular Posts