Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

Okay, even though I'm in the throes of a full-fledged COLD, all stuffy and sniffly and sneezy, I'm still feeling perfumey.

Taking time off from regular stuff is always good, so long as off is less than on.

Since teaching my class in August, I've kind of been laying low, revamping the beginner's class outline, mixing a few accords, working out an oracle-type perfume on paper.

There's some more nastiness going on out there. Name-calling and such. It's best ignored. In the grand scheme of things, it matters not a whit. And neither do the people being nasty.

I blended up a simple amber accord using Siam benzoin, ambriene and vanilla. It needs some tweaking. It's way too balsamic and not enough sweet. I'm also partial to spicy ambers, so I'll probably split this accord into four parts and experiment with spicy and floral blends. It still has about two weeks before it's done brewing and I can make the final evaluation. Besides, right now I'm in the midst of a cold, as I stated earlier, and nothing much is making its olfactory presence known.

I've got two important shows coming up, but they're mainly focusing on soap and skincare. I hope to garner more interest in perfumery at these shows, hooking people up with class information and getting something more regular going. The students from my first class have shown an interest in furthering their educations, so I have to begin work on a more advanced class.

I hope to be posting here more often as the 'season' kicks into high gear.

Please sign up for the giveaway on Le Parfumeur Rebelle. We're working on a monthly giveaway, so you have plenty of chances to win throughout the year. Good luck!

Comments

Popular Posts