Alas, my poor, poor perfumer's corner is awash in cobwebs! This picture is from earlier this year and in no way resembles the condition of the table right now. I've been periodically checking a few blends that I made a month back and noticed that my table is very dusty and that a sneaky, fast spider has set up shop in the shade of my lamp. I really need to get in there to clean.
The amber blend I've been stewing is coming along quite nicely. Remember a few posts back I mentioned it was too labdanum~y? Not so now. In fact, I'm quite surprised by it.
I made a soap yesterday that I have to recycle into another batch. I overdid the scenting and ended up with bleeding pockets of unmixed scent that made the end product look pocky and volcanic. So chop-chop, and drop into another batch. It smells bitchin', though, full of vanilla, almond, coffee and cocoa.
I am awaiting the arrival of a new copper alembic from a company overseas. Too bad it's just a garden decoration and not a working alembic -- gah! I plan on getting one of the smaller units later this year to distill some of my own eo's. A friend of mine will grow some lavender and rosemary for me on his farm -- I can hardly wait. I could always hit up Jane over in Carmel and sit in on a harvest and distillation session next summer . . . hmmmm.
I need to get out more.