Lost Treasures

In 2001 I joined a Yahoo group called Blue Lotus Moon run by this crazy chick who loaded the group with more crazy chicks, myself included, who were doing some crazy stuff with soap and shea butter and exotic aromatics. Before this group, the very idea of pouring jasmine grandiflorum absolute into a soap base never even crossed my mind. That year, the group decided to put together a holiday swap. Man, that was the best swap I have ever been involved with. The stuff that was shared was so over-the-top luxurious I hardly have words. Whipped butters made of light and air and fragrant botanicals; fat, chunky soaps made with lush floral waxes and odd scent combinations that worked unbelievably well together; scrubs laden with rose otto, and a creme perfume whose scent could make your toes curl. Really.

So here it is, 2007, and I'm still koo-koo for the scent of that creme perfume. So crazy for it, in fact, that its creator made me a special one-of-a-kind bottle in liquid parfum form. It misses absolutely nothing from the original creation. It is so beautifully blended that I can't even concentrate on it long enough to pick it apart -- is that jasmine? Tuberose? Vanilla? Tonka? Honey? Don't know. Really don't care! I immediately go into bliss mode when I get a sniff'a this botanical dope. It's my own personal catnip.

It smells like-- honey. And lush white flowers, tropical blossoms, warm, powdered skin~ jasmine, tuberose, gardenia, ylang, vanilla, rose. It's an intoxicant. Makes the head all swimmy and the body go limp. Didn't I just say it was botanical dope?

Maybe it's all in the psychology. Maybe because it was my very first, true botanical, real perfume experience, opposed to simpler blends and AT blends, I've grown an unnatural attachment to it.

Naw! It's really that good.

Amulette. By Ruby's Jewels.

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:36 AM

    Oooh yes, I too am a big fan of Amulette. True botanical dope.

    I just love that term. "Botanical Dope." I have a vision. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:44 PM

    Oh my gawdh...heart jumps fro joy and a nice pink blush covers my cheeks. Plus I need to go and re-sniff the motherload, might even try it on for the job meeting I need to attend :-( later on.
    Botanical dope might doo the trick to make me stay calm ROFLMAO.
    I looooooove you dahrling J:-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts