EdC Revisited


I felt I'd done quite well with my first real attempt at an EdC. That is, I felt that way until this morning.

Trying to put a new twist on an old formula isn't as easy as you might think. Other folks are chiming in with what they've done to tweak the formula, and all I can think is, 'hey, why didn't I think of that?'

I made two based on the same old formula. The first one, which was actually closer to the original formula, turned out awful. I subbed a tincture for a hydrosol and it really fudged up the composition. It was indolic and dull, not the typical bright, light, airy feel of a classic EdC. The second turned out much better, less weighed down. I also added a few little darlings to give it my own signature -- whether I've signed with a $4000 David Oscarson fountain pen or a wax pencil is yet to be determined.

Well, it's done. Finished. I'm not going back. I'm going to the post office.

Comments

Popular Posts