Welcome Spring

Spring, for the past 20 years, has not been a joyful time for me. I live in America's bread basket (or maybe it's the fruit basket?) and spring is when the bread in the basket is rising, dusting the world with pollen of evil intent. Or just regular mindless pollen . . . This spring it's been pretty well under control. The reaction to all the blooming and sprouting has been at a minimum. I remember an allergist told me that at some point I'd "grow out" of my allergies. He just didn't tell me it'd take 20 years and that I'd be in my late 40's when it happened! Live and learn, eh?

This spring is shaping up to be quite joyful. There is love growing here where before there was sadness and despondency and self-destruction. There is happiness blooming, replacing the anger and frustration and feelings of self-loathing and loss of confidence. I may regret saying this sometime in the future, but thank the Universe for shy, pretty boys who use the super glue of love to put back together a shattered heart.

And with that, I wish you all a Happy Spring.

Comments

Popular Posts