One Year, One Nose ~ 365 Days of Olfaction


The official start of this project is February 1, 2012. That should give me plenty of time to get some journal entries down so I'm not feeling so pressured. Though I work well under pressure, it's not good for my well-being in the long run. I'm already sweating the details here. This is a huge undertaking -- not the journaling but the dedication to sharing the entries on this blog.

I imagine that some entries will be long and detailed, while others will be short and concise, more a reflection of mood than the availability of subjects to smell. There is plenty here to smell, no doubt, from the hundreds of perfumery raw materials to the streets outside my doorway. This part of town can also be called the garden district, and though the lovely herb and rose gardens are dormant at the moment, during this blogging project they will come to life again, and then there will be plenty to write about. Not only that, but just walking to the market is a lesson in olfaction, from the restaurants, bakeries, incense shops, pubs and the smell of goings on in the tattoo shop parking lot, well . . . plenty to write about.

So mark your calendars as February 1, 2012 is the official launch of this heady project.

Comments

Popular Posts