Radiant Dawn

Today is the Spring Equinox, a day of reawakening and the promise of flourishing gardens and ideas. I normally mark this day by making butter scones and drinking loads of milk washed tea, lighting candles and praying for a better year than the year before. This year I will be alone, so I'll go for something a bit more healthful in the food department, and drink loads of honied green tea, and light candles and incense with rosemary leaf and still pray for a better year than the year before.




I wore my perfume 'Atay' on my hands yesterday and the scent lingers yet. It has aged quite beautifully over the past year or so. I'm always surprised when I go back and revisit 'old' perfumes I've made to find them even better than when I set them down completed. Not that I'm tooting my horn or anything. I mean, I really am surprised at the beauty and chameleon-like aspects of naturals that they do that over time. How rarely do they ever get worse, but almost always get so much better as they age.

Happy Spring Equinox! Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comments

Popular Posts