Moving, Moving, Moving . . .

The kid moved out this past weekend, taking herself and the wee one with her. It was a lonely sleep last night, however uneventful. Oddly, I feel a lot less emotional about it than I thought I would, and I've had plenty of time to sit and stew in my misery, but that deep level of misery has yet to arrive, if it ever plans to appear at all. I think looking to the future





and knowing that life is a series of phases and we are expected to move from one to the next, whether it be fluid or not. Accepting change has been a breakthrough for me in terms of emotional attachment. Everything changes, daily, by the minute or second, creating huge alterations or barely noticeable ones, and our ability to accept the changes mean all the difference in our mental state.

I have no sofa, no dining table, no sittin' chairs, two completely empty rooms, and wide expanses of wood floor in desperate need of cleaning. I do have a ratty recliner, a lamp table, books, a bed, a roof, and hope. Still no action in the studio. This week I have to get a roll of paper to wrap each bottle, each artifact, every piece of the 'collection' as it is all glass and fragile as eggshell. During the last move two years ago the collection suffered the unfortunate loss






 of several beautiful pieces of antique lab glassware attributed to poor packing. I have only two weeks and one day to get this show on the road and I feel like I'm really lagging. It's sad, moving. Leaving behind people and things that inspire memories, but at the same time exciting and a little scary.








I've been burning a LOT of incense and sage. I also have a specially made house wash that both cleans and invites good vibration into the home that I will be using closer toward the end of my stay here. It's important to me that I leave no trace of our stay here, leaving the new tenant with a clean slate to work with.

I'm having issues with fall allergies, as I usually do, and I do miss, even for this short period of time, the idea that I'm not going to be working with the perfumery materials for a while -- even though I technically can't smell anything. My plan when I arrive at the new place is to hit the ground running. Soap is in order. Fall isn't fall without multiple batches of soap getting done up. I would normally have made 50 or so pounds of soap this time of year to fulfill the craft show circuit but I don't do those anymore. I will be making lots of soap anyway. Pumpkin spice, nutmeg and cardamom with patchouli, lavender patchouli clove, frankincense and myrrh, a few 'witchy' soaps for purpose, and whatever else I can whip up to satisfy my hunger to create. Then it's the foody stuff -- or perhaps in conjunction with soap -- I plan working on. I've got a cookbook to put together and I'm really looking forward to it.

So this is where things stand for the time being. I feel almost like I'm in a holding position even though I am making some advances. Hurry up and wait.

You have a great day.

Comments

Popular Posts