Prosperity



Prosperity. What does it mean? Each time my friends and I gather for a full moon potluck, we perform a ritual for prosperity, whether it be a full-on ritual with candles and prayer, or just a raising of glasses in a toast for prosperity. So what do we mean by raising energy to grant us all prosperity?

One of the participants made a comment at the final full moon potluck I attended which got me thinking about prosperity and what it means to different people. His interpretation was (I'm assuming here) that we were a bunch of greedy dicks who wanted the Universe to shower us with money. In fact, he said, and I'm paraphrasing here, "You guys are always asking for money." Nothing could be further from the truth. When we asked for prosperity, we were asking for prosperity in all manner of life -- health, love, happiness, the fulfillment of our basic needs.

I feel blessed with prosperity every time I open a box to unpack here at my new home, when I lift out a bottle of 10-year-old organic patchouli oil I had forgotten about, open the cap and waft it under my nose -- ah! There it is, the blessing. Nature's loving gift. Then my mind races toward using the oil, in soap? In a perfumed oil? In oil incense? More blessings, more possibilities -- this defines prosperity for me. It's having what my soul needs to keep me moving from one day to the next.

Comments

Popular Posts