Lavender Kyphi Supreme

It's only been a few days since the lavender kyphi was put to rest. It's currently sitting in a dark closet drying and curing, though curing isn't really the right word. It's more or less the time the kyphi becomes. When all the elements that make up its parts and pieces fully combine to create a new whole ~ lovely and gently fashioned kyphi. Making 'flavored' kyphis has become a new passion. Making kyphi inspires me to create bolder perfumes and soaps. Creating kyphi sets the pace, becomes the standard -- or is becoming the standard. It's an evolution -- my evolution -- from perfumer/writer/struggling artist to kyphi perfumer and all that it entails. The Lavender Kyphi Supreme goes up for sale April 20, 2014.



There are some classes on the horizon. I've been asked to teach a kyphi class in May for a friend back in Fresno. She attended my last kyphi class and was so engrossed and enamored by the process that she wanted to share with her broader circle of friends. I have been in the process (forever 'in the process') of putting together a kyphi making tutorial, so this class is great incentive to get that project wrapped up and ready to go. I've also been nudged to teach something - kyphi or perfume or ? - at the tea shop here in A-Town. I have to talk with the owners a bit more to figure out which would best suit their particular clientele, but I'm leaning toward kyphi (go figure) or perhaps a perfume workshop with some serious sniffing involved. I'm working on becoming more organized so these types of marketing don't hit me like a ton of bricks, both financially and mentally. Anyone who has ever prepared for teaching when teaching isn't their forte, or has gotten ready to do a presentation when presenting isn't their forte, or has gathered the goods to present at a craft show when disorganization rules, they know -- like I know -- that this is mentally and emotionally exhausting work, not to mention the financial aspects, which can easily override any profit. Even those best prepared -- and I'm thinking specifically today of all those great perfumers up at the SF Fragrance Salon -- it can still be a draining experience.


Comments

Popular Posts