200,000 'Hits'

This blog -- this wee, bitty, sometimes useless, often helpful, mostly self-absorbed little blog is close to reaching its 200,000 'hit' from readers around the world. This second 100,000 hits came about much more quickly than the first 100,000 hits. The first 100,000 was reached in eight years. This second one? Two. Two years. And with almost no help from bots. Using my super-duper math skills, I've calculated that . . . let's see, 100,000 times . . . divided by . . . plus a nickel . . . and subtracting a blue print . . . dividing the mass times a puff of smoke, and yes! Roughly 1000 people read this blog, most by accident. Probably 900 by accident, per my calculations. So thank you. All 100 of you. You have my eternal love ♥ and gratitude ~ ♥ XO ♥ ~*~♥


Since making the decision to rewrite the latest perfume book, I've managed to make it sound more like me, and cull around 1000 words of poo diddly caca. I'm still working on it as chapter three is in dire need of an overhaul. It's a wreck. Why I thought to write what I did in that chapter -- it's me trying to keep up with the Jones' or impress my detractors or something, but it isn't me at all. I mean, so, so, so not me. It's not what i stand for, it's not what I mean, it's just poo diddly caca that I wrote to get words on paper and inflate the word count. That's it. So culling I will go and put this piece of crap to rights. I feel so much better even culling and rewriting the little bits I already have. The writer's block is unblocked. The hesitation gone, and this experience reminds me that I HAVE to listen to my intuition and stop writing for everyone else -- writing or perfuming (unless it's custom work, of course, in which case, the customer takes the lead).






Comments

  1. Anonymous8:59 AM

    Congratulations on so many hits - an impressive achievement for sure.

    Keep on keeping on,

    cheerio from Anna (not presently) in Edinburgh:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I actually don't put much stock behind such numbers, but the tiny competitive streak I possess was pretty happy about it. I'm wondering now how long it will take to reach 300,000. Hehehehehe. Thank you again :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts