A New Compounded Resin Incense in the Making

Though it looks much like all the other compounded resin incense I've made, this newest one in the works, the one with orange blossom and propolis and orange and lime and patchouli and sandalwood and frankincense and . . . more, more, more, is so very different from what I've made before. But then, that's kind of my thing. I'm always trying to outdo myself. And I am having so much fun working perfumery technique into incense creation. This gig seems so much more creative and fluid than perfumery because there aren't the same restrictions in incensury as there are in perfumery.

Having said that, there is a line-up of solid perfumes I'm putting together for the season -- there is Violetta (feature notes of orris, violet leaf, rose, and patchouli), Piedra (feature notes of orange blossom, orange oil, lime oil, and patchouli), Tuberosa (feature notes of tuberose, vanilla absolute, Himalayan cedarwood, and a touch of juniper berry), Everlast (feature notes of helichrysum, patchouli, black pepper), and Mimosa (feature notes of mimosa, lime, and sandalwood). There may be more coming, but these are the current solids that are being tinkered with at the moment. I may even revive some spectacular 'vintage' solids that I made a few years back, such as Aliah, a deliciously fragrant solid -- like petit fours of dark chocolate and cool honey sweetened tea, or Campania made with gardenia butter, blood orange, wild orange, cocoa absolute, orange blossom water absolute, antique santal, jasmine sambac, vanilla CO2, neroli, rose de mai and ylang-ylang, or Evergreen made with fir balsam, silver fir, hemlock, juniper berry, galbanum, organic santal, and nutmeg. It seems I've got my work cut out for me! And perhaps a few reformulations on those vintage solids too.

I've been working up the inspiration to make soap for Autumn, but it's not working. In fact, the slush I created for this newest incense was actually intended for soap! But when I smelled how glorious it was, I decided it wasn't something I was willing to screw up adding to soap. It just smells too good, and I felt that the best mode of transporting that scent was through the smoke.

So I leave you with this, cherubs making perfume.

Comments

Popular Posts