Creamy Delicious Dark Soap!

So I finally made some soap. Forgot to take pictures to share, but rest assured, they're big hunkin' slabs of shea, coconut, olive, and cocoa buttery deliciousness! They don't smell too bad either. I used a LOT of dark Sri Lankan patchouli, the stuff that isn't dusty and musty smelling, the stuff that's sweet and almost floral, then I splashed just a teeny bit of basil in, then a big dose of blood orange, and then topped it all off with more Sri Lankan patchouli, a whole wee bottle of sandalwood, and a healthy dose of sultry labdanum absolute. The whole mess smells of something ambery and lush. I'm thinking of calling it Qayiz, which is the Arabic word for 'sultry'. It's pronounced 'ka-eez(m)' or at least it sounds that way when I listen. The only thing missing from this soap is tobacco absolute, and maybe a dash of oakmoss. Do you realize it's been months since I last made soap? Six since I made a big, old stinky batch like this. These bars are big, too, probably 7 ounces at least, enough to cut off pieces to use one at a time rather than taking the whole bar into the bath, though I do love to hold those big chunky bars and breathe deeply as they get all bubbly. I'm not sure what the next batch will be, but I'm hoping to get some lavender going, and some rosemary. I love ginger soap too . . . so, it's a toss up.

The soap will be up on the Etsy shop website in a week or so.

Comments

Popular Posts