Qayiz Natural Botanical Super Fragrant Chunky Hunky Cocoa & Shea Butter Soap!

As some of you may have gathered already, I like patchouli. So it shouldn't surprise you that I have a LOT of patchouli on hand at any given time. Though the bulk of my oils are still packed, I have been buying a bottle of patchouli with every order since November 2016, and now I have a nice little 'collection' of patchouli oils that I use quite sparingly, except in soap. I had a 4 oz bottle of Sri Lankan patchouli oil, which wasn't cheap, by the way, until I used over half of it in this last batch of soap, Qayiz. If you are one of those patchouli haters, I can almost guarantee with 100% certainty that you will at least like the patchouli oils coming out of Sri Lanka. They're velvety and sweet, like dark chocolate with hints of vanilla and deep indolic florals. There is very little of that dusty, musty, dry, brittle leafy pitch that a lot of patchouli oils have (though I do love those as well). I have had perfume clients creating custom scent who proclaimed to heaven that they absolutely abhorred patchouli who wound up choosing the sample perfume that had Sri Lankan patchouli in it as their 'signature scent'.

Newest Soap ~
 Qayiz, loaded with patchouli, labdanum, blood orange, a touch of basil, and an entire wee bottle of Australian sandalwood. This soap is made with virgin olive oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter, and shea butter. The lather is creamy and copious and intensely fragrant. The bars are 8 ounces each (or more) with every gram smelling of heaven. It's a very sensual scent, sexy, and smells delectable on anyone. The wee sliver in my shower is decreasing in size very quickly as everyone is using it up, even the folks in the house who say 'it smells like everything else you make' like it's an insult. Am I insulted? Not in the least. Not when they ask, 'hey, can you hook me up?' in reference to getting some of this soap. I haven't made a soap this stinky since the Orange Blossom & Fennel soap I made just before Christmas last year. That soap was made with a lot of orange blossom floral wax, neroli, and then patchouli (of course), fennel, labdanum, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember. What was so special about that one, besides being super fragrant, was that it was loaded to the hilt with shea butter. It took two months to become solid enough to sell. And then I got the side-eye (figuratively speaking) from everyone (customers) who thought orange blossom and fennel was a no-go. Boy, did they find out they were wrong. Sold out quick and was asked for more. I'm kind of hoping the same goes with this new one, Qayiz. I'd give it away if it didn't cost so much to make. In fact, my price on the bars, $11 each, seems a bit high, but I can assure you, I'm barely making anything on them. Just enough to get back into the soap space to make some more. If you want to give this new soap a spin in your bath, go to my Etsy site, TheScentedDjinn, and get you some.

Comments

Popular Posts