The Official Word

Despite my depression over the length of time it's taking to get our house done and done, I decided that now that the building schedule for our house is complete, I'd find out from the builder exactly when we're moving in. The official word is July. The final install, the carpet, is scheduled for the last week in June, after that it's going through and making repairs and touch ups to things that got scraped and bashed while putting it all together, and then having the cleaning crew come in and do the wipe-down. That can be scheduled out to mid-July. So this project has gone from a done date of April/May to June now to July. I am reluctantly optimistic. The living conditions at the daughter's place are becoming unbearably cramped with the addition of two new full-time occupants, and two part-time occupants. It's complicated.

The only thing keeping my head on straight is the farm. And soap, since it's really the only thing from my repertoire of goods that I can make at the moment. My friend, Ana, posted something on FB about Woodspirits Soap and their creator, Barbara Bobo. That post brought back a lot of memories for me. Another friend, M., made an almost perfect copy of Woodspirits 'Sun and Sky' soap that was loaded with tagetes and ginger and bergamot. It was a two-sided soap with half being blue and half being bright as the sun yellow. And the scent was divine. It reminded me of how I want to make soap again. I kind of got back on that gig last fall when I made the seaweed soap and the sky soap with white sage hydrosol. The bars were really small, though. I'm back in the big bar game again. I just ordered a bunch of soap from Ana and the soaps, as usual, blew me away. There aren't many soapmakers -- in fact, there are none other than hers -- that I will go out of my way to purchase anymore. Variety is the spice of life, right? I used to buy from lots of other soapmakers, but in the past five years or so, I've been sorely disappointed by them. It seems like no one makes soap with the magic in the mix anymore. Sometimes even I miss the mark. But Ana never does.


Comments

Popular Posts