Green Notes & Tricky Business

There is some tricky, tricky stuff afoot. A once-respected (by me) entity has shown their bum again, this time pointed directly at NPA. I'm not worried. It'll all come out in the wash, as they say, when they can't deliver on their promises. I'll just dog paddle over here in the shallow end until the storm blows over. And write perfumery. 

I have loads of stuff on my mind these days. Opening the shop, as much as I require the income to, well, feed, house, and clothe myself, I just hate it. I've messed up a few orders because of some weird stuff that Etsy pulled. I thought I would outsmart myself and sell soaps at their gram weights with differing prices for each, and that mess backfired in a big way. The orders only show that someone ordered 3 or 4 of an item, and only one of the weights is shown, so I have no way of knowing which ones the others are. So I guessed and guessed poorly. I'm thinking I'll have to issue refunds or cover soaps. That's just one of the issues raising tensions around here. Lots of personal stuff going on, family members keeping dangerous secrets either out of spite or fear. How do I know about these secrets? Because nobody can keep one around here! Except for me ~ ha! It looks like really big life shifts are on the horizon because of these secrets. And verily I say, the rollercoastereth ride continueth. 

I'm itching to make some perfume, but the problem is, which one of the hundreds of sticky notes scribbled with perfume outlines do I choose? The dozen or so green theme perfumes are speaking to me. Have been for some time. I've done one of these before, Puck's somethingorother, for the Midsummer Night's Dream gig years ago, based on violets, or, rather, violet leaves. This green I'm dreaming of is grittier than that one, a bit more burnt wood and ash, and less cucumber and sweet roots. The primary player in this type of green is galbanum, and I've got a half dozen or so variations of this resin, with some cousins that lean deeply into onion breath. No worries. I'll be leaving those out. 





Comments

Popular Posts