Beer Soap Bust

The beer soap is a bust. It's been a while since I made beer soap, and I was unhappily reminded that it sets up fast, so all the fancy-schmancy swirling I was going to do ended up being some rushed glopping with added swearing, and the colors were all wrong, and . . . it just didn't work. Plus, all of the past beer soaps I made had a scent, the scent of the chemical reactions between the lye and the oils, and usually, the scent was something delicious, like maple or honey. This one smells of nothing. Despair. Loss. Unhappiness. 

Just kidding! Well, it doesn't have a scent, and despite all of the crazy quick gelling and the wild color changes, it isn't half bad. There may have been too much titanium dioxide added to one of the color mixes as it comes off as chalky looking, but the skin feel when using it is super smooth. I added cocoa butter to this soap base, so the soap bars are harder. 

The beer used in this soap is from a local brewer who used raisins (as we are in the heart of raisin country here) in the brew. I tasted it and it isn't terrible. I'm more of a cider person. 





Comments

Popular Posts