There has been a flurry of activity in the studio of late. I'm especially inspired and mostly doing exactly what I want instead of trying to fit a mold I had fashioned for myself in an effort to define where I fit -- am I a perfumer? A rootworker? A soap maker? A potions' and brews' formulator? A natural skincare creator? An olfactogustatorian? Yes. To all of the above. That's why today you will find soap, a meditation oil, a luxurious skin oil, natural botanical perfumes, and a couple of scentedibles for sale at the Etsy shop. This is what I love doing -- all of it. Currently in the works is a lovely hair oil with organic borage and organic extra virgin olive oil heavily scented with a gorgeous 'purple' lavender augustifolia and a well-aged patchouli absolute, and if I can find the big bottle, perhaps a dab or two of ambrette seed oil; the other project is another edible, more marshmallows, a bright sunny lemon flavored mallow with shades of neroli or bergamot petit grain. There is so much more I want to do but time is limited -- I'm working the j o b 7 hours straight five days a week, and every other Saturday for three or four hours. It doesn't leave much time to create. However, with the kind of work that I do, it allows a lot of time for the mind to wander, so I keep a notebook handy and write down every idea for a new product that I think of during the course of a workday, then go over the notes once I'm home and ferret out which might actually come to fruition. It feels good to be back in business after being away so long. I miss the hustle and bustle of it.

Comments

Popular Posts