Re-Post Six Impossible Things from April 2012

Six Impossible Things

"Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things."

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Alice in Wonderland.
Six impossible things before breakfast. And with only a half an hour to believe them! I am inspired, even if this is a fictional character speaking. Think of the possibilities you open for yourself if you take these words to heart. Six impossible things before breakfast. A year ago I wouldn't have thought it possible that I could live on my own, but I do. I wouldn't have believed I could get a decent job, but I have. I wouldn't have believed that I could ride a bicycle to and fro, but I do. I wouldn't have believed that I could become even more enamored with scent, but I have. Four impossible things before winter. 
Learning a little about Zen is helping with my impossible things to believe. Letting go of beliefs about myself that aren't true has helped immensely. I am currently finding my true space within this NBP world. Where I fit. Who I am on the imaginary hierarchy, or if I'm even there at all. I am learning to believe it doesn't matter. Well, it's beginning to not matter to me. Too much of the ebb and flow can wash blessings up to your feet, and the next moment they are swept away. The pain that it causes to watch all the stuff that have attached themselves to us, or more true, what we have become attached to, being swept away is excruciating -- and not real. We are who we are because we believe we are. Keep telling yourself that, and make it good. In the meantime, the sweet peas bloom!
Last year I co-tinctured sweet pea blossoms and sweet orange blossoms and the results are -- interesting. Upon first sniff, it smells a bit like a puppy breath. Yup. Musty halitosis with a splash of warm milk. But as the alcohol evaporates and the scent begins to 'stick', it changes. It begins to smell of sweet pea and dried flowers, the scent there but distant, and then the oddest thing happens -- it expands. The scent grows. It's wild. Sweetly floral yet indistinct -- what flower is it? Yummy delicious crazy stuff.

Comments

Popular Posts