Three Little Words That Pack a Punch for a Perfumer

Another.

Head.

Cold.

Yep. It started yesterday morning with a thunderous headache that no amount of caffeine could alleviate, and after a day of running around town(s) doing a bit of holiday shopping, I arrived at home, plunked down in front of the computer and proceeded to sneeze. And sneeze. And sneeze. And sneeze, and sneeze, and sneeze until I thought my eyes would pop out of my head. Then it was on. Headachy, sinus congestion, watery eyes, sore throat -- aaaaaahhhhh! I love winter, but I hate that it means being cooped up with sickos in overwarm places that simply breed bugs that cleverly wait on door knobs and cross walk buttons and store counters to pounce and creepy crawl into your mucous membranes where they happily set up house. Granted, cross walk buttons probably don't qualify as being in overwarm conditions being that they're outdoors and all, y'know, at corners of streets, but have you ever stopped to think about how many fingers have poked those things in day? Hundreds. Literally hundreds. And if those fingers were just digging around in a virus infected nose hole before pressing the button, and then here you come, poke the button and then shove your finger in your eye to pluck out a speck of dust? Well, there you have it.

I don't know where I got this one, and as I've illustrated, it could have been literally anywhere between five cities I've been to in the past couple of weeks. Because I'm big on eye poking and all, it doesn't surprise me that I'm sick again. But the protocol is in play -- I just set up the pill dispenser with two-1000 mg Vitamin C every hour until I've downed 12,000 mgs.

The 'book' is finally published and selling away on Amazon. I've sold a few units already and I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of people about reviews and whatnot. I took a lot of risks with this new one, presenting a bit of the world according to me stuff -- or in this instance, the natural perfumery world according to me, and dialing back the capitalism horse poop. Perhaps the next volume, volume 3, will introduce that aspect of natural perfumery -- the selling and networking and the bulkiness of all that. But for now, this book is about the art of natural perfumery.

If you would like to purchase the new book, go to Amazon.com.

Amazon is currently offering ALL books (not Kindle or Audiobooks) at 25% off, so now would be the time to get this book if you have it in your head to do so.
 

Comments

Popular Posts