Tomato Tree Holiday

I went to Cambria, CA yesterday, a little town in the pines by the sea -- a little town FULL of tourists and cute shops and lovely restaurants. It was late when I got there, so some of those cute shops were either closed or closing, so I settled for a bit of a walk down the main street just to soak in the cuteness of it all, when I noticed a second story window with a very unusual Christmas tree showing -- a tomato plant with big green tomatoes dangling from the branches sat front and center in that window, decked out with a tree topper, garland, and ornaments. It seemed to represent a sort of perseverance (in my mind) that so many people are lacking these days. I don't have a clue what the person who put that tomato Christmas tree up in the window lives through, whether she or he is rich or poor, whether he or she is depressed or happy as a lark, but that tree -- that tree really left an impression. That tree told me that no matter what, make it happen. Whatever 'it' is, whatever the goal, whatever the dream, just make it happen.

Comments

Popular Posts