Jasmine Sambac

So, yesterday was a shopping day, gathering things for the new house to make it habitable, or at least pretty. Things like shower curtains, trash bins, cleaning supplies, etc. While digging around the end-of-summer offerings at a popular department store, I stumbled upon an entire shelf of Maid of Orleans Arabian jasmine, aka, jasmine sambac. And, they were practically giving them away! I got three, but I plan on returning and getting a few more. In my area, this type of jasmine has the potential to bloom year-round, with the best coming in the spring. Right now, these three wee plants are blooming like mad! Especially since getting them here, setting them up on the porch, and giving them a good drenching. 


They weren't blooming like this when I found them, in fact, most of the sambac at the store had very few flowers blooming. 

The scent is heavenly. I will be getting a jar of deodorized coconut oil later today and performing an enfleurage of these blossoms until they stop giving me flowers. It's going to be very hot, around 109 degrees F, a record breaker, and it's been unusually humid -- conditions, I've read, are best for growing this type of jasmine.




Comments

Popular Posts