Solstice

Ah, I'm over it. The trolls thing. Knee-jerk reaction strikes again! Sort of like when people encouraged me to remove the 'evidence' of my dallying with natural isolates off my blog a couple of years ago, and immediately regretting it because it was good information that should have been saved for someone who might be interested. Ah, well.

So today is the Solstice. And a full moon. And a meteor shower. And the day I need to get baking and caking and candying. And wrapping. I've bit off a bit more than I can chew, again. What I'd really like to do is sit on the sofa under a warm blanket with my runes book and be annoyed by Charlie the Pug's endless affections. I bought her a wee basket to sleep in because she's a professional napper and we've all, at one time or another, nearly squashed her flat because she drops where she's standing, at the foot of the sofa, on a cushion, under a blanket. She kind of matches the color of the carpet, which makes things more treacherous for her. Grow, little pug! Grow!

I was remarking last night about how I despise this time of year, not the holidays, no, they're great, but the mess the holidays create. Simple things, like going to the market for milk become hour-long endeavors of fighting traffic, pedestrians walking in a daze into that traffic, and general market traffic with empty shelves and long lines at the cashier. People look torn up, too. Like they'd rather be anywhere on the planet than standing where they're standing, and I can relate! Christmas zombies, they are, and especially those at the mall or the department stores who I find staring at something, a shirt or a blender, for much longer than necessary to determine if it's a viable purchase for someone on their list. They block aisles, walk directly in a pedestrian pathway and stop. For. No. Reason. At. All. Maybe they're taking power naps. Getting their 5.3 seconds in before continuing on with the devastation to their credit rating. I went to the mall last night. I knew exactly what I was getting and where to find it (I had scoped it out on a previous trip a month ago), and yet it still took me 45 minutes to get in and out, and I'm not a dallier. It would be much easier to order things online, right? Yes, well, I like to SEE with my own eyes what I'm getting, not a photo or image, but the actual thing. You would understand this if you'd ever ordered anything from Wish.

Celebrate tonight. Celebrate tomorrow. Celebrate every day, drink the mead or wine, but not too much. Eat the chocolate, kiss under the mistletoe -- but do it in June too! Use a luscious bar of soap in the tub, smother your skin in decadently scented body butter, wrap your hair in henna and coconut oil and wear lipstick once in a while. Ignore the wrinkles and the flupa and take a ride in the kayak in the bay. Smell those flowers.

XO



Comments

Popular Posts