Psychedelic Dreams

Shameless sales pitches are OVER! For now, hehehehehe. I'm shutting down the Etsy shop on the 21st and not reopening until the 28th, and in the meantime, or not, I will be working toward getting the website up and functional. No more wares to hawk, phew! You have to know I can't stand this part of running a business -- the constant carnival-style barking of how good, why it's best, try this, hurry-before-it's-too-late stuff. It comes with the territory. So, now that THAT'S over --

-- let's talk about something fun, yeah? Like this wee bottle of Lippia pseudothea that Ane Walsh gifted me while I was in Brazil. It's unusual, lovely, and sniffing it is like being put in a headlock by Royce Grace. A bit narcotizing, creeps up slowly, then bam! You're out before you can tap out. Studies done on this particular plant grown in Brazil (Minas Gerais, to be specific) have shown that the ethanolic extracts (that's a tincture) have natural sunscreen abilities, somewhere in the area of 10 SPF. Pretty cool, right? But how does the oil smell, you wonder. Oh, yes, well, it's green and so close to astringent that you might even call it that; it's sweet and slightly floral and has notes of violet leaf and California bay and sweet clover. It's difficult to really study this stuff because it makes you so limp and droopy you just want to go down for a nap. I'm thinking L. pseudothea would be excellent for pre-meditation rituals, and, of course, a nap. I haven't yet, but I will soon, indulge in its narcotic effects before bed and see 'who' comes into the dreams for a visit ~ ha! With lavender and chamomile in a diffuser I bet the whole house would be out in no time. Hibernation oil anyone?


Comments

Popular Posts