It's Raining Orange Blossoms

I've been busy working on all of these liquid soaps, and I do feel that there is room for improvement. I think a few more batches from now and it will all work itself out as far as appearance goes. The soap is good. I've been using it every day since it was about three days old, and I haven't had any issues with dry skin, which is typical of soaps like this. I added extra fat to each batch, hemp in most, sweet almond in one, and that helps a lot with keeping it moisturizing. This can cause some separation, adding fat, and it has in one batch, but it's easily remedied by shaking the bottle (I know, a pain, right?) It doesn't affect the soap or scent other than it can be ugly. There is a slight learning curve here going from cold processed solid bar soaps to liquid soap, but I'm sure I can figure this out. 

I made one body oil using orange blossom absolute because I'm just obsessed with orange blossom right now. It smells AMAZING! It's like perfume, this body oil, and it's shining with orange blossom scent. I've used it a couple of times after a shower and it's been wonderful -- lightly moisturized skin and gorgeous scent that lasts a while. 

Today I'm finally getting to that specialty soap I've been talking about since September. Black frankincense, opoponax, and gold. It may be a bit late in the game to have these ready for the big day, but that's not what it's about. It's about beautiful soap! Soap that can and should be used no matter what time of year it is. Something luxurious and special. These will have some of the usual suspects -- raw yellow shea butter, organic virgin olive oil, and organic virgin coconut oil. And then those essential oils -- quite expensive oils, I might add -- and I'm using them all up in this soap. The oils are artisan distilled, not something you can find just anywhere, rare and limited and just fabulous. I may end up putting up just a small handful on the Etsy site, and then the rest will be given as gifts. 



Comments

Popular Posts