Reflections

I think I'm experiencing some sort of existential crisis. I've been at this game for about ten years now and I still feel like I'm standing on the edge of the taking-off point, still waiting for something 'big' to happen. I'm beginning to wonder if this is how I will feel in another ten years, and in the ten years after that. How depressing.

I've been busy with the world outside of perfumery and natural skincare for the past few weeks. Took a day trip to Monterey the day after Independence Day to escape the predicted heat of 111 degrees Fahrenheit. Yeah, it was that hot. But not in Monterey. A bone-chilling 60 over there. I was feeling especially sympathetic toward other valley heat escapees who were wearing their flimsiest summer togs, not anticipating the drastic difference in temperature. And most especially sympathetic toward the tank top wearing young ladies on the backs of motorcycles. We've taken the Beat-The-Heat trips on more than one occasion and know that winter wear is a must-have item on the western side of the coastal mountain range.

A few relationship disasters have also transpired. I've been craigslisting items for a dumpee, which is really sad. I've also been playing grandma in a major way as well. I've already raised a basketball team, coaching a sub won't be that big of a deal. And on top of all that, I'm helping someone move from their home of 30 years into a dinky little mobile.

I'd really love to write here more often. More pertaining to the blog's subject -- perfumery, fragrance, smelly skincare, pretty stank. But like I said, the ideas are shifting around in the old dusty attic of my mind and I'm having a hard time figuring out who I want to be when I grow up.

Comments

Popular Posts