Labdanum

As if I don't have enough to do, I've committed to, and actually initiated, a little labdanum lab between myself and another nose. Why? I'm not sure. Seemed like a pretty darned good idea at the time. But guess what? Just days after suggesting it, I caught a cold. The day after the workshop, I had a slight sore throat and thought it was because I'd talked myself purple the day before, but alas, it's a cold. Moved right on up into my nose and is just sitting there, making me unable to smell anything.

Cistus ladanifer ~ labdanum

Labdanum absolutes can come to you with an extra bit of an amber note, or an incense note, making choosing which one to buy for your perfume building a bit difficult. Labdanum is a key note in an amber base accord.

And there is cistus creticus, the "true" labdanum, thought by some to be the myrrh of biblical times.

There's a lot of research and nose work to do here. I'm sort of looking forward to it. When the cold abates. Then we'll have a little haiku round robin back and forth deal going on -- all about labdanum.

Comments

Popular Posts