Junk in My Trunk

Please allow me to 'splain ~ I have an enormous amount of trimmings from an old olive grove, organically grown, of course, spilling out of the trunk of my little Kia. Ripe, black olives included. Ready for a wash and a dip in organic extra virgin olive oil. The distillation is complete. I have a liter (I know, I was going for two, but I'm not quite that patient) of purely gorgeous rose geranium/rose petal "flavored" hydrosol illuminated with hydrosol of olive leaf. The possibilities are fathomless. Rose geranium is used in the treatment of acne, dermatitis, eczema, oily skin and ringworm. Rose is wonderful for delicate mature skin, and olive leaf is reported to be antibacterial with anti-aging properties. I can't attest that these claims are true, but I can tell you that this particular tonic hydrosol is a beautiful skin treatment, refreshing, fragrant and soothing.

On to the oil extraction.

Comments

Popular Posts