Tempest!

I've found about seven or eight bottles of old juice from the early 2000's that are only numbered and not named, except for one, Tempest. I remember Tempest. All of these early juices were made with a very heavy hand -- this one is no different. It's heady with jasmines sambac and grandiflorum, sandalwood, patchouli, and spices -- and I think I detect a hint of mushroom. I cannot find the card catalog for this perfume as it's buried deeply in the archives (and probably still packed from the last move), and I was attempting to find it on Etsy as one of the earlier offerings to get the exact profile, but I can't find it. I was able to find a review of it, and it states the perfume is old-timey Victorian evoking, with opening notes of dried Calimyrna fig tincture and a tincture of strawberries. It is that, but it's also jasmines and patchouli and sandalwood and amber and maybe rose and mushroom and a handful of spices, probably black pepper and clove judging by the dry down. It's intoxicating! There may be enough in the bottle to decant a few 4ml ambers to put up on Etsy. The rest, the drizzle, I'm saving for my library, as I've done with all the perfumes I've created. Once I get into wherever I will live after the move, I will dig out those other bottles of juice and their respective cards from the archived catalog and put a few of those up as well. They're good. They could also handle a bit of dilution, but I won't be doing that. I'm leaving them as I sold them in those early years, fat with scent and enthusiasm.






Comments

Popular Posts