Soap Day!

We're looking at a few days of dry-ish weather, so before it begins to rain again, I and the other apothecary farm lady are going to whip up some fresh soap for the farm shop, and I'm going to make a batch of patchouli-neroli soap for my Etsy apothecary. I still have not located my brand new, never before used soap mold that I bought before moving, so I'm reduced to using this weird long loaf pan I found at a discount store just before Christmas -- that is if I can find that now. Things get moved around here in the temporary housing situation on a constant basis, so you could literally set down a piece of paper at 9 am and by 10 am it's found its way to a closet or a trash can without you ever having touched it again. The building of the Plum Palace seems to drag on into infinity when these situations arise.

The Apothecary Farm is shaping up. The hyacinth is blooming and the work of enfleurage is calling. A fire pit was placed in the four points garden, and now the work of getting the shop together begins for the March 12th grand opening. It's all work, work, work from here on out, both at the farm and in The Scented Djinn Etsy shop.

See you on the other side.

Comments

Popular Posts