The Cold Virus & Finishing Off Self-Combusting Incense

I caught a cold a few days ago from one of the wee gremlins I live with. It was a bad time for me to have that cold (work, work, and more work is calling), so I killed it off with mega doses of Vitamin C and zinc. Took two days to go from a stuffy head, watery eyes, brief bouts of feverishness, sore throat, cough, and general malaise to getting back to work. I can smell again! And sleep with my mouth closed! And wake up not feeling like I've swallowed glass shards! And did I say I can smell again?


It's raining buckets at the moment, I have a few minutes before I have to wake the wee one for school, and then it's out to the Farm to do a bit of bookwork and planning for the future. We've got fairs and gatherings to set up. More planting, though not today, and building up the farm to do.

The latest incense is slowly drying in the closet. I burned -- or tried to burn -- the test cone a few times and it wasn't good. I have to chalk that up to the fact that my nose was out of sorts with that virus, so I didn't get a good burn out of it. There's still a bit of it left and I'll try it again in a few days when all the congestion is cleared. And when I can find a lighter. All of mine have disappeared -- poof! -- and nobody seems to have the slightest notion where they may have gone. 


I recently opened a Kyphi course with the Natural Perfume Academy and we've already gotten people signed up and others waiting to begin. It's really exciting for me because as we go along, I plan to add videos of the process, class clips from real-world workshops, videos of burning incense, and maybe some video of sorting through resins, like frankincense and myrrh. Yeah, this is going to be a lot of fun.

Hi-ho, it's off to work I go!

Comments

Popular Posts