Neroli Portugal

Not the same as neroli neroli. Comes from sweet orange blossoms, smells a bit different from the bitter orange neroli, y'know, the neroli we're all so very familiar with? Neroli Portugal is considered an adulterant in bitter orange neroli.

I'll have to evaluate it more thoroughly once it's dispelled the still notes as there is beginning to be quite the oil slick forming on the hydrosol.

I've mixed Neroli Portugal with lemon blossoms and leaves from both the sweet orange and lemon trees. I'm not disappointed, but this is proving to be quite different from what I've worked with before. It smells good enough to eat, and I'm thinking a soft fluffy cake with this hydrosol and vanilla tincture, and a cream frosting made with a little lemon juice and rind? Oh, yeah, now that's a spring dessert!

Comments

Popular Posts