Adventures In Compounded Incense Resins

Okay, so I've been going on a bit about these compounded incense resins without giving too much info out as far as how the stuff is put together. That's because I'm still learning, and I'm always writing about the process, the failures, the successes, what works, and what becomes disastrous, in my notebooks so that I hone down how it should be done, and never again do it the way it shouldn't be done. Make sense? I hope so. So I've been working on honey. Boiling the stuff to the hard crack stage so it will work better in compounded incense resin -- I want crystals, that's the goal. Crystalline, slightly waxy, almost drippy with oils. I'm getting closer, but I'm not there yet. Using unmelted powdered resins does give it some of that crystalline effect. I'm also learning that using gums in the cold portion is best, and using resins in the hot portion is also best. Gums contain more essential oils, and I don't want to burn all that off. Like I said, I'm still learning.

I am so in love with this new soap I made -- Sarasvati. I've actually held back a lot for myself. The scent of it just fills a room. Amazing. Vetyver, vanilla, marigolds (marigolds!) and mitti attar. It's just ... tingly.



Comments

Popular Posts