Vintage Finds







Yesterday, I had the rare pleasure of spending time with my mother and my cousin. They're both close in age, my cousin being about six years younger than my mom, and they live together. Weird set-up, I know, but they've been best friends since childhood, so it stands to reason when life changed around them, they clung to each other for support. At any rate, we went to lunch, and my cousin and I laughed as my mother's light-on-the-curry chicken started to do its heated curry thing, and she smothered it with runny yogurt, complaining the whole time how hot it was, but eating every bite, nonetheless. Then it was off to Old Town to do some rummaging through second-hand and antiques stores. Where I found some pretty amazing stuff.

Comments

  1. Adorable Justine! What is the item in the last picture? A stopper of some description?

    I don't get to the antique stores as often as I'd like [perhaps that is a good thing pocket wise]. I always keep an eye out for gorgeous vintage pill boxes and would like to find more [within my price range....]! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a perfume bottle. Vintage perfume from the 50's or 60's, I think. Can't find a label or mark, so I have no idea what it is. But it's pretty.

    I spent very, very little for these things. I have a limit to what I'll spend in the antique stores as everything is pretty much overpriced to begin with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts