A New Week

Let us begin.

I've put Zinziba on sale at The Scented Djinn Etsy Apothecary. We're getting down to the last few bars and I want to clear them out for new stock.

The latest soap, October 2013, is gorgeous. I took a few days to formulate the scent and then let the arrangement marry a day before putting it together in the soap base. The scent is . . . transformative. Lovely and bold and evocative ~ frankincense, davana, vetyver, Himalayan cedar, nutmeg CO2, star anise, Siam wood, Tahitian vanilla CO2, and tolu balsam. It's so gorgeous (I already said that, didn't I?). I kept smelling its scent wafting from the butler's pantry through to my bedroom (the perfume studio) all during the night. The scent lulled me to sleep, despite the scurrying about of rats (insomniacs) in the building. I heard them shuffling and stomping but didn't fully awaken as I continued to drift. It was nice. Not so nice if someone were trying to break in, but a nice respite from the usual bolting upright in bed, heart thudding in my throat when one of the upstairs tenants decides to drop a boulder on their floor at 3AM, which they apparently feel the need to do often.

Work at W O R K is piling up a bit. I'm behind on transcriptions because I'm fumbling through what are now my new duties -- everything else the front office does. The skeleton crew is pretty much fossilized now, the edges turning to dust and slowly crumbling away. It makes me wonder what the future holds for this family business. I'm certain things will work out for them.

I don't know how much longer I can hold on here. I'm suffering short-timer's disease in a big, bad way. I must stick it out for the sake of others. Must.


Did a little sprucing in the studio over the weekend, found some 'lost' aromatics (that Tahitian vanilla CO2 for one), and an entire bucket full of frankincense resin. I wondered how it was that I misplaced a bucket except that while searching for it before I must have mistaken it for something else. I also threw out some bags of herbs -- an entire grocery sack of organic rosemary that I didn't process quickly enough, and two bags of rose geranium leaves. They still smell wonderful and might work in an incense, but there's more where that came from, and I need to downsize in order to get out of here. Don't be surprised, dear friends, if you receive a packet in the mail of some fragrant odd or end from the studio here.

I'm off.


Comments

Popular Posts