More

More applications are in the works for that bergamot. A reader suggested marmalade, and it was on the list -- way, way, way down on the list if any bergamot was left from the previous applications, but now that the bergamot are running out of time in terms of freshness, I'm going to get cracking on that marmalade idea. And enfleurage of the peel. And saving of the juice and dehydrated peel for flavoring. No part of the bergamot will go unused. I want to make a nice, densely scented bergamot pommade for use in solid perfumes -- I will put some up for sale if there is enough to spare. The hydrosol turned out nicely and I'm allowing it to sit undisturbed in it's receiving bottles for a week or so before dispensing into spray bottles. Because it is a distilled product, much of the phototoxic effects are eliminated. And, as usual, I'm not siphoning any of the oil, of which there is plenty, from the hydrosol. Even though the last distillation didn't go as planned (thank you Mercury Retrograde), I'm still pretty stoked to distill more. I planted some hyacinth bulbs in late fall and I'm expecting those to pop sometime next month, plus a friend is growing Cecile Brunner roses that I might get a chance to distill. There's also plenty of white sage, lavender, rosemary, eucalyptus, lilac, and tuberose that will be available throughout the year.

Comments

Popular Posts