Two Weeks Until the Perfume Exhibition & Scent Event


This event has been primary on my mind of late, as well as the perfume event hosted by Amanda Feeley, the much lauded 'A Midsummer Night's Dream Perfume Event', and another scented event hosted by Lyn Ayre on the subject of fougere parfums. Though I'm not a perfume participant in the scent event 'Summer of Patchouli Love' hosted by Monica Skye Miller, I am a supporter of other perfumers and a few of my perfumer friends are submitting their work to this event. I look forward to reading what the many talented bloggers on this event are writing about the perfumes submitted by this very talented group of perfumers.

But, of course, most importantly on my mind is my own scent event, here in Fresno, CA, my hometown. I went out yesterday to drop off more flyers at different local businesses and one location admitted giving away all their flyers (somewhere in the neighborhood of 100) in less than a week. I happily restocked her shelves with more, and moved on to the other patrons in the neighborhood. Today I will be dropping off flyers in another area of town, about 200 flyers. I have a certain wine tasting room in mind. If I'm not allowed to drop off a handful of flyers, I will certainly ask the proprietors of the establishment to come. They host events in their tasting room every month or so and I may wiggle my way into an event there as well. Who knows? Thus far I've dropped off, mailed and handed out close to 800 flyers. As it is, with the out-of-towners coming in, we have a full house -- or -- er -- garden, rather.

The setting for the event is fabulously vintage. Through the side garden gate into a well-tended backyard boasting tall trees with heavy foliage, a lush lawn, roses to the left and a water pond of koi to the right. A white canopy dominates the setting under which a long table set with linens rests, perfumed cookies and other aromatic offerings are set upon one end of the table, while the other is set with parfum and its accoutrement. Birds chirp in the trees and butterflies flit from blossom to blossom, the air is filled with the scent of gardenia and osmanthus tea . . .

At least I hope that's the image portrayed ~ ha!

Still working on the story board and time line of the event. I realized yesterday that some of my flyers indicate the event times from 2 to 4 and other flyers read "2-5". It really doesn't matter as I often become so engrossed in the subject (as a teacher) that I go well beyond the allotted time. Sometimes by hours, to my hosts chagrin. I cannot promise it won't happen again

I hope to see you there, my friend, May 14, 2011, 2-4 (or 5!), 835 N. Van Ness Avenue, Fresno, CA 93728 ~ RSVP to justine@thescenteddjinn.com.


Comments

Popular Posts