Bloody Spring!


Darned frickin' frackin' stoopid bloody spring! I am soooo congested right now I can't smell a thing! I have evals to conduct and perfumes to compound and a garden to weed, but nooooo! Spring has sprung and thrust pollen up my nose! My poor sore nose vacillates between clear and runny and thoroughly clogged. I've neti'd 'til my head feels like it's full of water, and steamed 'til my face is baby butt smooth, but still . . . almost makes me want to go back to the allergist and get those flippin' shots again.

In the meantime, I've made gardenia tincture ~ ha!

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:07 AM

    You poor soul - is there a particular irritant, like a single tree pollen, or are you mown down by any and all pollens? I mean, is there an end in sight, once that species is done for the year, or are you in Congestion County for a couple of months?

    I must say I'm impressed that you are soldiering on so resolutely, but it's time to press-gang some able-bodied pals and get them weeding on your behalf. Play that Pity Card for all it's worth and Guilt them into that garden! You know it makes sense:-)

    Take care, and I hope that more favourable conditions prevail soon and ease your symptoms.

    cheerio, Anna in Edinburgh

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had a string of spring starts and stops. One week will see temps that are balmy and warm, thus encouraging the bloom. Then the temps dip back down and stop the bloom, only to rise again and begin the bloom again. A few weeks ago it was the olive trees blooming that set me off, this week I think it's the conifers. Once all the spreading of pollen stops, perhaps in a week or two, I'll be fine. The hay fever goes into remission until fall where it briefly flares up again.

    Thank you so much! I am getting my mum over tomorrow to help with the weeding. She's a green witch of sorts and will have the garden weeded and ready for planting (more) in no time!

    Talk to you soon1

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts