One Year, One Nose Day 10

Bal a Versailles



While perusing the aisles of a discount store popular due to its sales of designer clothes and sundries, I stumbled across an open package of Bal a Versailles EDT. Never one to pass up a classic, especially one born the same year as I, I cautiously sprayed a shot on my left wrist. And then ended up snorfling that wrist for the rest of the day.

Bal a Versailles is an oriental with the customary dose of spices, vanilla, and a touch of the skank (musk, civet, something furry and warm and playfully naughty). It reminds me of my mother getting dolled up and ratting her hair high on her head for a night on the town, the usual shot of super sweet, super strong perfume providing the final touches on what would end up a night of hysterical and nonsensical crying whilst sitting atop the 'pot', pantyhose tangled around ankles, bouffant askew on the head, globs of black mascara trailing down wet cheeks, and a severe case of amnesia the next morning. Mom was a hoot back in the day and one whiskey sour would set her off, boo-hooing over literally nothing at all.

The notes listed in this scent (from my source) are bergamot, lemon, mandarin, neroli, jasmine, lilac, lily of the valley, orris, rose de mai, ylang-ylang, benzoin, cedar, sweet clover, sandalwood, tolu and vanilla.

This makes a lovely scent for the boudoir. And it was Michael Jackson's signature scent, so I've heard.

Comments

Popular Posts