Post-Note on Saffron and Sex, and Particularly Cumin

Believe it or not, the post from years back entitled 'Saffron and Sex' is at the number three spot as the most read post on this blog. It appears sex does indeed sell. What boggles my mind, though, is that the search criteria used to find this post is exactly the words 'saffron and sex'! What are you people doing out there? At any rate, that isn't what I wanted to talk about. Cumin. That's what I wanted to talk about. How we manage to make these odd comparisons to cumin and man crotch sweat. I mean, who started that? Not that it's entirely inaccurate (though cumin does have a tinge of the enchilada sauce note and comparing a dude's crotch sweat to enchilada sauce -- well, that's just weird), but really, who sniffed cumin oil and had a light bulb moment that stated, "Hey! I know that smell! That smells just like Joe's crotch!" . . .? Who? Anyone? Someone? Because it begs a few questions, don't you think? Like -- well, I'm not going to go there -- or maybe I have since clearly, if I agree that cumin smells like man crotch, I must have been in the vicinity of Joe's crotch. Okay, too much information. I don't know how long you've been in the NBP world, but perhaps you were here long ago when that guy studying perfumery decided to collect man sweat and pheremones through the careful placement of sterile gauze pads and an afternoon of sweatin' to the oldies? This became a tincture and then I lost track, or interest, in what the outcome was. Perhaps, dear fearless perfume experimentor, you will pipe in with the results? No? Okay. Guess I'll stick with the cumin oil.

Comments

Popular Posts