Bye Bye Bug

Well, Bug's gone back to Fresno with her mom. Just left a couple of hours ago on the bus. She sat on my lap here at the house all morning until she had to go, cuddling and telling me she was going to miss me, and to please come see her at her home and then bring her back to my home. I miss her already and can't wait to have her over again. It was a really good visit.

The Famous(ly gross) Bubble Gum Alley in SLO, CA


But now that she's gone, I have work to attend to! I was busy while she was here, teaching her the fundamentals of soap making, and how to flavor groceries with essential oils. She's a good student and remembers to run to the supply closet to grab her goggles and gloves when we begin our lessons. So I haven't been entirely idle during her visit. Now for the real work, though. I'm reformulating a few of the old perfumes, gathering the oils and absolutes necessary to complete them.

I'm writing a new business plan, which reminds me how much I hate this part of the 'business'. It's difficult for me to define what I want, I mean, I know what I want, I just don't know how to explain it, or, probably more accurately, I'm afraid YOU won't approve, meaning a generic YOU, as in the powers that be YOU. I have to keep reminding myself, this ain't about YOU. I'm not applying for a loan or grant or investment capital. I'm attempting to build myself a road map, to goal set and keep on pace with where I want this to end up. And to be perfectly honest, I don't ever want to 'end up' anywhere. I want to continue the journey until I end, then perhaps leave a fully functioning business from which my children can reap benefits.




Comments

Popular Posts